Diabetic is a chronic disease causing health complications. The complications are tingling and numbness appearing in feet and hands. These also include vision problems and kidney failure. Diabetes is a risk prone towards heart disease, high blood pressure and strokes. To control high glucose level, people with diabetes fail to produce sufficient insulin or no insulin. Type 1 diabetes is based on genetics and type 2 is on diet and fatness. People with type 1 diabetes face difficulties to prevent, people with type 2 try to manage by dieting and exercising.
In macro sense, a good diet plan can help diabetes control the blood sugar levels. Fruits in a diet can naturally prevent diabetes. Colored fruits possess high anti-oxidant vitamins and fibers that let the blood sugar stabilize. It appears a false notion that diabetics should not have fruits. People with diabetes can have fiber- rich fruits including water million, strawberries, papaya, plums and muskmelon. These fruits can control blood sugar levels. Fresh lime supplies vitamins and minerals to the diabetics. On the contrary, fruit juices are to be restricted, because these contain much sugar.
In diet plan, it is better to avoid juice because it raises the blood sugar level. Mango, custard apples, banana and grapes contain high sugar ingredients and these fruits should not be included in the fruits group. Therefore, dry fruits possess high level of fat, and condensed energy so that these cannot be included in fruits group. Dates, the dark- colored oval fruits are to be excluded from the list of fruits, as because dates are rich in calories and be avoided by the diabetics. However, dried dates provide calcium and iron.
Hence, in moderation, diabetics may have apples, blueberries, cherries, kiwi fruit, pears, pineapples, mangoes, black currants. When you have 75 grams of any of these fruits, you will have 10 grams of carbohydrate. Similarly, to have 10 grams of carbohydrate, you have to consume 100 grams of guava, lemon, orange, papaya, peach, strawberries, or blackberries alternatively. One fifty grams of coconut meat, raspberries, or gooseberries can provide you ten grams of carbohydrate also. People with diabetics can adjust their fruits intake as per the requirement of the body. Fructose present in the fruits. Diabetics can have fruits like other healthy persons. The fruit, citrus contains manganese that is a useful ingredient for insulin. The western Ontario university has studied citrus possesses a flavonoid that contains insulin like properties. The flavonoid is also known as naringenin.
Even though fruits are permissible to the diabetics patients, excessive consumption of fruits can let the blood sugar level increase. You have to check the portion of the fruits always. Moderate consumption of fruits can control your blood sugar level.
Bitter melon is a traditional diabetic remedy in Far East. Bitter melon contains glucose absorption that increases insulin flow. It possesses insulin effectiveness also.
Onion group can help the blood sugar control. Garlic, leek, onion, and scallion belong to onion group.
Being a parent, your child is your number one priority. There are countless well-known childhood illnesses/ diseases that most parents are on the lookout for, but one severe disease that affects approximately 13,000 United States children a year is diabetes, which is often overlooked. Diabetes is a disease that causes the child's body not to produce insulin, making them have too much sugar in their blood. Knowing these symptoms of diabetes is very important and could ultimately save your child's life.
1. EXTREME THIRST: The most common symptom of childhood diabetes is having extreme thirst. This happens because the excessive amount of sugar in the blood absorbs large amounts of water.
2. URINATING MORE FREQUENTLY: Kids with diabetes urinate more frequently. Because they are drinking a lot more water, they will need to use the bathroom more often than normal. They might be going to the bathroom more often during the night. If your child usually doesn't wet the bed, and now all of a sudden they do, that also might be a sign.
3. IRRITABILITYAND MOOD CHANGES: Irritability and mood changes occur a lot in kids. When their body doesn't have enough sugar, their body tries to take all the sugar that it has and move it through certain areas of the brain. This makes their sugar level go up and down, making them moody.
4. ABRUPT WEIGHT LOSS: Abrupt weight loss will also happen. Their bodies are trying to get energy from any place they can when they don't have enough sugar in their body to supply it. This causes the body to use up any fat it has stored to get that energy. This causes them to lose a lot of weight very suddenly. When the body doesn't receive the sugar it needs, their muscle tissue and cells begin to reduce in size, causing their weight to go down. Expelling the fluids out of their body makes them lose weight.
5. EXTREMELY TIRED OR WEAK: If your child is complaining about being extremely tired or extremely weak, there could be a problem. This again is because your child does not have enough sugar in their body to be used as energy. If they are unable to exert as much energy as they did before or the same amount as other kids their age, this could indicate there is a problem.
6. FRUITY SMELLING BREATH: Fruity smelling breath can occur with kids that have diabetes. This is because their body is in ketosis, which means that their body is in the process of eating stored fat and healthy muscles. This process releases ketones through their mouth which smell fruity. Ketones are the substances that a body makes when it breaks down the fat stores to be used for energy.
7. BLURRED VISION: Having blurred vision is a frequent symptom of diabetes in kids. Once again, since the body doesn't have enough sugar it pulls it from anywhere it can get it. So, the fluid in the lens of their eyes could be pulled out. This may affect their ability to see clearly, thus causing them to have blurry vision.
If your child experiences any of these symptoms, you should contact their doctor immediately. Even though this may seem terrifying, it will be worth it to know whether or not your child has diabetes and if so, get them started on a program to control their insulin levels.
More information on diabetes, diabetes diet plans and necessary diabetic supplies can be found at MiniPharmacy Diabetic Supplies.
Frank Buddenbrock, based in Los Angeles, California, is a writer and Search Engine Optimization genius. His company, SEO Einstein, consistently gets his clients onto Google's first page for major keywords.